You’ll need to provide the following certified documents:< 4 weeks$302.57 NZD
- A completed EC15 application form
- Certified copy of your qualifications
- Your IQA results from NZQA or details of any qualification you have that are on the pre-approved overseas teaching qualifications list
- If you haven’t taught in the past 6 years, you’ll need to provide evidence of completing the Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme, which is only delivered by New Zealand providers
- Police clearance from any country you’ve lived in for more than 1 year in the previous 10 years
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae outlining your teaching experience
- A certified copy of your most recent teaching appraisal
- A testimonial from your most recent professional leader
- A list of professional development completed, including evidence where possible.
Things to keep in mind
Only original certified documents will be accepted by the Education Council. View the Completion Guide on the EC15 application form available to download on the Education Council website for further details.
Visit the Education Council website for more information about applying from overseas.
Please note that stated costs and timeframes are subject to change.
Education Personnel helps teachers find daily relief (supply), fixed-term, contract and full-time teaching roles in schools in Auckland and nationwide.
Oasis Education place teachers in relief, contract and full-time teaching positions in schools in the greater Auckland area.
Randstad Education supply teachers across New Zealand for full-time, contract, fixed-term and day-to-day relief.